- Taking money for services which she did not deliver
- Receiving services and then refusing to pay
- Paying with checks that would later bounce
- Having sex with men, telling them she's pregnant, and then asking for money
- Creating businesses and then partnering with legitimate businesses to add credibility
- Claiming she was a casting agent in LA, accepting money from models/actors, then offering nothing in return. This also includes hiring photographers and makeup artists to do head shots and then not paying them.
- Incessant lying. Kathleen knows no boundaries when it comes to lying to get her way. She is immensely convincing if you don't know her and has a way of gaining sympathy through her lies.
- Creating a fake charity page where she pretends she's going to climb Mt Kilimanjaro for the benefit of some orphanage in Kenya. This is on par with pretending you have cancer and then begging people for money to pay for treatments. If the link doesn't work, here is a screen shot:
If you were defrauded by Kathleen Legaspi (fake alias Sophia Dash) and you'd like to see her face justice, consider the following:
- Document all contact with her, particularly emails which will likely be loaded with lies.
- Put a call recorder app on your smart phone and keep voice recordings of all conversations.
- If you have text messages from her, save them to an external file or do screen shots.
- Document all payments to her
- Document all bounced checks and amounts you were charged by your bank for her rubber checks.
- Did she use the postal service or other technology to commit fraud? If so, this may be an actionable offense. See these links:
- Be willing to press charges and prosecute to the fullest extent of the law.
- Once we find her parole officer (likely in LA county), then it may be worth bringing your case to his/her attention. If you know of a law enforcement official (parole or probation officer) in San Diego, please bring this to our attention.
Kathleen has made it clear that she will not stop ripping off people.....ever. If you were a victim and know of other potential victims, please bring this blog to their attention so they can post their story.